PORFLOW Express is the Student Priced Student Version of PORFLOW™
has taken a huge leap in user-friendliness and ease-of-learning since
the last release, and we encourage the current users to upgrade at
their earliest convenience.
For under $200
(around the price of a text book) you will have access to the limited
edition of the latest version of an industry-standard powerful ground
water / porous media simulation software coupled with the
easy-to-learn, easier-to-use CFDStudio integrated development environment.
is powerful enough to setup and run any porous/fractured media problem
one may come across during their college life - including graduate
study. The coupled CFDStudio
makes setting up and postprocessing problems a breeze. All you do is
follow the clearly outlined steps, check the appropriate checkboxes or
radio buttons and fill in the values with a point-and-click approach,
and in as little as 10 minutes, you are ready to run your problem.
PORFLOW Express makes use of the very powerful postprocessing features of CFDStudio
as well. It is possible to make contour and vector plots, cut slices in
complex geometries and view results on a per region basis.
can solve problems involving transient or steady state fluid flow and
heat and mass transfer, in porous or fractured media. The
porous/fractured media may be anisotropic and heterogeneous, arbitrary
sources (injection or pumping wells) may be present and, chemical
reactions or radioactive decay may take place. It accommodates
alternate fluid and media property relations and complex and arbitrary
boundary conditions. The geometry may be 2D or 3D, Cartesian or
Cylindrical and the mesh may be structured or unstructured, giving maximum flexibility to the user.
Just like the full PORFLOW (tm) version, both structured and unstructured grids are supported. Arbitrary triangular/quadrilateral (2D) or tetrahedron/pyramid with quad base/prism with triangular base/hexahedral (3D)
control volumes can be used. 2D or 3D geometries are fully supported,
as well as truly cylindrical and 2D cylindrical with a swirl velocity
PORFLOW Express supports single-phase flows in a saturated flow environment. PORFLOW Express
handles up to 10,000 nodes per problem, which gives a pretty good
resolution for any 2D or 2D/cylindrical problem, and a fair resolution
for 3D problems.
Please visit the CFDStudio™ and PORFLOW™ Home Pages to see full features of these software. Please also visit the PORFLOW Tutorials to see how easy and fun it is to setup a fairly complex Ground Water problem, by answering a few questions in the wizard.
Fluids / Thermal Sciences Professors: Contact ACRi to inquire about bulk purchases for class use.
# Purchase PORFLOW Express Online
Here is a list of features of PORFLOW Express:
- Transient or Steady state, and Saturated flow.
- Inhomogeneous, Anisotropic Porous Medium with Discrete Fractures
- Single Phase Flow
- Integrated Thermal Transport
- Integrated Salinity Transport
- Mass Transport
- Multi-step 1st, 2nd, or 3rd order Arrhenius Reaction Mechanisms
- Field Variables, Sources, Boundary Conditions and Fluid/Matrix Properties functions of space, time or phase by powerful functions which include:
- Arbitrary Tabulated, Stepwise or Linear, Periodic or Non-Periodic Functions
- Polynomial, Power Law, Exponential, Sinusoidal or Logarithmic Functions
- Powerful Analytic Series Functions
- Sources: Direct, Mass Injection, Solubility Limited, Radiation or Arrhenius Kinetics
- Sources that are functions of surface area or volume
- Functions of time, space or any dependent or user-defined variable
- Any number and mix of sources for any variable
- Boundary Conditions: Dirichlet, Neumann, Radiation and other derived types
- Sub-models for many other physical phenomena.
- Choice of Numerical methods and Matrix Solvers.
- Structured or Unstructured Meshes
- Arbitrary triangular/quadrilateral (2D) or Tetrahedral/Pyramid/Prism/Hexahedral (3D) control volumes
- Specialized 2D and/or Cylindrical modes
- Specialized 2D Cylindrical mode with a third swirl velocity component
- Built-in geometry and meshing for geometrically and topologically simple problems
PORFLOW Express is available on Windows platforms. LINUX/UNIX versions can be made available by special arrangement.
# PORFLOW Applications
# PORFLOW Express
# PORFLOW Publications
# PORFLOW Users
# PORFLOW Price List
# Request PORFLOW Demo
# PORFLOW Tutorials
# PORFLOW Manual
# PORFLOW Validation Report